The Southern Chapter of the South Florida Section is an association of golf professionals whose mission is to promote interest, participation, and enjoyment in the game of golf; establish and maintain professional standards of practice; and enhance the well-being of golf professionals. Approximately 250 members and apprentices are employed at over 100 facilities in the Southern Chapter region, which geographically covers Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. A primary role of the organization is to promote participation and interest in golf on a professional and amateur level. In accordance with our mission, the Southern Chapter conducts free junior clinics, provides volunteer professionals at community events, playing opportunities to amateurs through Pro-Am tournaments, and provides education seminars to its golf professionals. This is accomplished through the efforts put forth by all of the club professionals, teaching professionals,and touring professionals that comprise the Southern Chapter PGA.
Southern Chapter Additional Information:
- Upcoming Education Seminar featuring Brad Faxon and Jim McLean, PGA – Click Here for more details.
- August 14th ~ Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne ~ more details to come at a later date
2016 Tournament Schedule
|April 17th||Pro Only Strok Play Event & Match Play Qualifying Event||Pembroke Lakes Country Club||9:00 AM
|May 15th||Pro-Pro Event
27 Hole (2 Man Scramble)
|Oriole Golf Club||9:00 AM
|May 22nd||Pro-Scratch Championship||Turnberry Isles Miami||10:00 AM Tee Times|
|June 12th||Pro Only Stroke Play Event||Fort Lauderdale Country Club|| 9:00 AM
|July 17th||Pro-Pro Sableford Event||Coral Ridge Country Club|| 10:00 AM
|July 31st||Pro Only Stroke Play Event||Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club|| 9:00 AM
|August 14th||Education Seminar &
|Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne||12:00 PM
|August 28th||Pro Only Stroke Play Event||Biltmore Golf Course||10:00 AM
11th – 12th
|Chapter Championship||Country Club of Coral Springs||9:00 AM
|October 9th||Pro Only Sableford Event||Hollybrook Golf & Tennis Club||9:00 AM
|October 30th||Pro-Pro Event||TBD||TBD|
- 2016 Tournament Rules and Regulations
- Player’s Card:
- Registration for Tournaments:
Player of the Year Points:
Steve Sponder with Global Golf Sales is a Proud Sponsor of the 2016 Southern Chapter Tournaments
E-Z-GO is a Proud Sponsor of the 2016 Southern Chapter Pro-Pro Championship at Deering Bay Yacht & Country Club
The Southern Chapter welcomes Under Armour and Srixon, as new partners of the chapter. Please note the following contact information.
Under Armour and Srixon ~ Pete Byman ~ PBymanSales@gmail.com ~C: 561-239-7189 ~ O: 561-487-7022
- The Southern Chapter needs your support. If you know of any individual or business that would like to sponsor our chapter, we will give you 10% of their contribution. Sponsor money goes a long way to creating new programs and sustaining programs already in place.
Junior Clinic Schedule
- Volunteers are needed for this season’s Junior Clinics. Two (2) MSR service points and $100 will be awarded for each clinic. How else could you earn points and get paid? Contact information to volunteer is located on the schedule.
Southern Chapter Award Winners