The Southern Chapter of the South Florida Section is an association of golf professionals whose mission is to promote interest, participation, and enjoyment in the game of golf; establish and maintain professional standards of practice; and enhance the well-being of golf professionals. Approximately 250 members and apprentices are employed at over 100 facilities in the Southern Chapter region, which geographically covers Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. A primary role of the organization is to promote participation and interest in golf on a professional and amateur level. In accordance with our mission, the Southern Chapter conducts free junior clinics, provides volunteer professionals at community events, playing opportunities to amateurs through Pro-Am tournaments, and provides education seminars to its golf professionals. This is accomplished through the efforts put forth by all of the club professionals, teaching professionals and touring professionals that comprise the Southern Chapter PGA.
Southern Chapter Additional Information:
- August 14th ~ Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne
- Schedule of Events:
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM – Chapter Current Events
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM – Keynote speaker, 2016 Southern Chapter Bill Strausbaugh Award Winner, Steve Jablonowski, PGA
- 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM – Lunch
- 12:00 PM – Shotgun Start (Pro-Pro, 1 Better Ball or 2)
- Topics of Discussion: NGCOA & PGA of America Tee Time Coalition
- Schedule of Events:
Southern Chapter Tournaments & Additional Tournament Information:
Player of the Year Points:
- The Southern Chapter needs your support. If you know of any individual or business that would like to sponsor our chapter, we will give you 10% of their contribution. Sponsor money goes a long way to creating new programs and sustaining programs already in place.
Junior Clinic Schedule
- Volunteers are needed for this season’s Junior Clinics. Two (2) MSR service points and $100 will be awarded for each clinic. How else could you earn points and get paid? Contact information to volunteer is located on the schedule.
Southern Chapter Award Winners
- March 27, 2017 – Annual Spring Meeting
- April 4, 2016 – Annual Spring Meeting
- December 9, 2013 – Annual Fall Meeting
- April 1, 2013 – Annual Spring Meeting
- December 9, 2012 – Annual Fall Meeting
- April 16, 2012 – Annual Spring Meeting
- November 6, 2011 – Annual Fall Meeting
- April 25, 2011 – Annual Spring Meeting